17.1.11

(don't) love back pain....


Ugh. Back pain is not my friend, yet it seems to drop around unannounced every so often with the intention of turning me into an invalid for a couple of weeks and as you can see by my suitably upset and unglamorous photo, it has done just that.

Hence the hiatus. 

My back went "ping!" last Wednesday as I was lifting the 8.5ish kilos of solid, wriggling mass that is my son out of his buggy. Right smack bam in the middle of town - there I was, stuck in some sort of limbo pose dangling Little Red mid-air with the odd tear prickling at my eyes (thank goodness I had my sunnies on, at least they allowed me to hold on to some semblance of composure).

So after being told by the physio to "refrain from heavy lifting for the next 7 days" (yeah right) I've been resting up while Nick and the grandies take over the household and the laptop has all but reached my eager typing fingers. But I'm back now with many more things to love so stay tuned....

2 comments:

  1. ooh yeah, I used to do in the same lower back muscle over and over, up until the young'un got too old for all that picking up, and I had time to get back to yoga. Now I can pick up his 20kg-ness without freaking out ... totaly good

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I've just gotten back into yoga and pilates and holy moly it's done wonders already! And it makes me so zen. Red is feeling lighter already!

    ReplyDelete

love your comments x