23.12.10

love poetry - sandcastles....


There were enough grains of sand in your bed
to make a sandcastle with a moat
on your floor amongst your cords and clothes
and songs
while you sing to me on the beach in the night
I run my fingers through broken glass
and broken hearts
while we sleep through the sound of the city waking
dreams collapse into granules of sugar
and bowls of water
and cold toes gripping on cold, tiled floors
shower, shower, shower
I'll rip a piece of your wallpaper for my own
it reminds me of a brothel with sinks and chandeliers
and I think you could fall in love with me a little
if you tried
on the bed next to the window with the neon star
and freedom written all over your face
you say "no one can be tied down"
but I tie you to the bedpost and sweep
sand from the sheets to the floor
for sandcastles and moats
and love and water
I think it's time for me to go home,
I have things to do. 


copyright caitlin mcdougall 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

love your comments x